There’s a local Irish Pub that I like to frequent and enjoy a nice pint out on their patio. They’ve got the standard pub fare like bangers and mash, fish and chips, and shepherds pie. I always gravitate towards their delicious Scotch eggs. It’s a swiss army knife of foods. It’s got you covered no matter what time of day it is.
As much I love going down to the pub for a pint and some Scotch eggs, sometimes life gets in the way. I often have to settle for a cold one on the back porch instead of the pub. I decided I needed those wonderful savory little orbs to go along with my beer so I developed this recipe. Whether you’re looking for a quick bite for breakfast, brunch, or simply a late-night snack, this delicious scotch eggs recipe has you covered. Really, what’s not to like about a soft-boiled egg covered in sausage and deep-fried?
Did you enjoy the video? You can find more videos just like it on my Youtube Channel.
If you make this recipe for yourself I’d love to hear your comments. Take some pictures and show me how it turned out! Please feel free to tag me on Social Media @ilovemeatdotcom.
- 5 Eggs
- 1 lb of sausage
- 1 cup of flour
- ½ cup of panko or breadcrumbs
- 2 TBS garlic powder
- 2 TBS onion powder
- 1 TBS black pepper
- 1 TBS paprika
- 1 TBS hot sauce
- vegetable oil for frying
- Boil your eggs for 4.5 minutes
- Remove eggs and place in ice water for 5 minutes
- Peel eggs being careful not to break the egg, they will be delicate
- Using roughly ¼ pound sausage wrap egg completely being careful not to break the egg
- Combine flour and spices in a bowl and mix thoroughly
- Whisk 1 egg and hot sauce together
- Roll sausage covered egg in flour mixture, then egg, then panko crumbs. It’s helpful to use one hand for dry steps and one hand for the egg so as not to make clumps and batter your own fingers.
- Heat oil to 350 and fry eggs for 10 minutes
- Let Scotch eggs cool enough to handle and enjoy!